Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Both of You are too Strong!!"

That's the reason I got because of my question on the teacher's justification on splitting me, Wei Lun and Esther up. But before that, let me give you the prologue of the problem.

Initially, we wanted to register as a team for 5S1 to join the debate competition.But since Sarifah Sarah wants to join too.We decided that Esther would join us in the Semi-Finals, and Sarifah would be our 1st speaker in the finals.(If we win)

It was a "close victory" according to the teacher.(Yeah,the same teacher I mentioned, she's going to play a big part in this story, albeit a "poor player" as William Shakespeare used to say) A lot of blunders were made between our team(goverment) and the opposition team.

Nevertheless, we had a fun time. So we eagerly wait for our finals between the other two teams.

When the results were out, the teacher suddenly had a plan so brilliant she would be short-listed in receiving the Nobel Prize, if and only if the judges had a brain capacity smaller than an ostrich.

She thinks that me and Wei Lun will surely win the final and so, she decided to split me and him up. The form4's were "excited" by the proposal and a loud applause soon happened.Thanks alot, I really appreciete that. Sincerely. Also to the TL of 39 G.T.(S), thanks for all those unecessary comments you made, you'll get into so much trouble if it not that Saik Ian thinks you *still have what it takes to lead our troop.

I got into an arguement with the teacher, and for good reasons of course. We entered the competition as a team, and now we are suppose to fight each other?? What's the point of registering us in the first place. We might as well just get random names and pick the good ones to form a team for the final? Doesn't that save time and there would be no fuss? I'm sure SMK H_K teachers would agree cause they need to "concentrate on the acedemic stuff".

Wei Lun wasn't satisfied, but he just brush it away. Telling me that it doesn't matter, but then what ticked me off soon after that is that the teacher said Sarifah shouldn't compete. Because she wants Andrew to be in my team, along with Nicholas.

Now, why didn't she questioned Wei Lun's team when he has 2 form 5's in his team, and a Form 4 who was in our school team? She also said that Andrew should be given a chance because he worked hard in preparing his speeches. HOW ABOUT SUHA AND YI XIU?? Didn't they work hard also??? Heck, I think they wanted to win the competition as well, why shouldn't they be recognized for their hard work and participation. It's good enough we have classes willing to join the debate, why mix them up??

What's more ironical is that the teacher wants Andrew Loh to be in the team so that the Form 4's will be prepared for next year. And yet, she wouldn't let go of me,Wei Lun and Esther. This is getting way to oxymoronic.

Now I'm stuck with a catch-22 situation, if I walk out, surely someone will bad-mouth me for being so "immature". (Yes, I quoted that from someone who went to a local university to get a teaching degree).What's funny is that the debate topic was "It is better to study locally than overseas". I guess I was at the wrong side of the arguement.

But if I stay on, the very purpose of 5S1 people of joining the debate is lost. We wanted to go and a team, win as a team. And that's all gone so that the students will have something interesting to watch. What? Me arguing against Wei Lun is a "must-watch"? What are we? Entertainment?? Screw you.

Right now, you can say I'm sulking. I have to admit I was doing that, and I am still pretty mad with what has happened.

So, to the "screenies" of my beloved school, I leave you with this quotation from the late MJ:

JUST BEAT IT!!!

Go read other SMK HK student blogs and be the secrurity act you guys are known for,

**********

Btw, we eventually have to compete against each other. But Wei Lun's team defeated us.

Congrats to him,Esther and Sara.

No comments: