Sunday, May 25, 2008

MYSC Scrabble 2008


We finally made it!After weeks of negotiation...we(Kabian,Jonathan & me)were able to go to KL.Cik Furziah is our teacher advisor and she really help us in the planning of the trip.We really were eager to see our Pahang friends(Qian Wen & Adele) whom we met a year ago.Chee Ming also joined in and his mother help us by finding hotel.


We left Penang at 6 am then from there we have a marathon trip,to sum it all up it was a smooth journey.I even get to have a glimpse of a Lamborghini Murcielago on the road!!!The sound of the engine was really terrifying and it really ignited my sense!!!It's the 1st time I see a Lamborghini!!!After that we reached Times Square at 10.30...we were quite late for our 1st game so we got a -50 time penalty.More of the games in the next paragraph..

Game 1:
Like I said,I had a -50 penalty..but I won.WHAT??That is really something unbelievable..lol...a lot of the players near my board really admire my victory since it is something nearly impossible to do.I believe that I was good,but I have to admit that was a lucky game...you will see why...
W:1 D:0 L:0/Spread:5/Cum.Spread:5

Game 2:
I met my opponent from the state competition.Nitya,she is from CGL.The last time I met her I beat her with a comfortable margin,now the table has been turned..it's her to turn to "pwnd" me...
W:1 D:0 L:1/Spread:-59/Cum.Spread:-54

Game 3:
This is where I got "first blood" right from the beginning...somehow I must meet this guy..it's like I(Reading)meeting Chelsea right at the start of the EPL....WTF???Naturally I lost to this guy...BIG TIME!!!(p.s. I really was annoyed that that constant blinking of his eyes..it wasn't intentionally but still...)
W:1 D:0 L:2/Spread:-288/Cum.Spread:-342

Game 4:
Now I face this girl from Ipoh.Did not remember much of the game,not a memorable one...I lost.
W:1 D:0 L:3/Spread:-130/Cum.Spread:-472

Game 5:
Finally a victory.The name of the opponent is Tan Seah Whye.It was a good game,nothing more...
W:2 D:0 L:3/Spread:35/Cum.Spread:-437

Game 6:
This is an interesting game,interesting in the sense that we challenge alot,ALOT.He still win,but I did not expect a victory in the 1st place.He is quite good.Our board is really a heck of a kind.Many new words(most of it are wrong)came out on the board and trips to the computer are frequent.
W:2 D:0 L:4/Spread:-138/Cum.Spread:-575
This doesn't look good.Really...this competition is really hard...either I am really that bad or I faced really though opponents..I'm guessing both..trying to be neutral here.

After that ordeal,we rushed back to our hotel to get a quick shower and then meet up with them.
Suprisingly...it is quite a good hotel,a good alternative to Royale Bintang.

(Lookout from our hotel,isn't it nice?)

(Qian Wen taking a picture of Ethan)
After a quick shower,we headed back to Berjaya Times Square and meet up with them.They alsong along some of their friends that they meet in the competition too.We headed to Sushi King to have our dinner(expect for Kabian & Chee Ming who headed somewhere else for a "cheaper" alternative and went bowling.

(Me & Qian Wen)
Then,we went well...shopping?We just walk around and well,idling while the girls went window shooping..although some of them did buy some things..(where did they get the money??)All I treated to myself is a new Top Gear magazine & a cool Man.United shirt.Well,Qian Wen had to leave early,so we walk around with Adele and her friends.


(Kabian & Jonathan fooling around...)

After that,Cik Furziah take us for a stroll around KL and my word,it is really nice with all the life of KL is still evident even after daylight.
We went back to the hotel,but I decided to stay in the hotel when they wanted to go buy coffee.When they were away I get to watch Epic Movie,quite a nice parody..but there are better ones.We also get to watch She's the Man on TV.After that,we sleep and day 2 is here...

DAY 2:
Day 2(or shall I say final) is here...we had our breakfast in the hotel lobby and we put our luggage in Cik Furziah's car.After that we head to the scrabble tournoment(again...)

Game 7:
I met Kabian's opponent in the state competition.Kabian says she really had some "time management problems"(as in scrabble of course)and he is right.She got a time overrun penalty but that actually wasn't necessary for me to beat her.I got a 168 spread over her.
W:3 D:0 L:4/Spread:168/Cum.Spread:-407

Game 8:
I pawned this guy so bad the devil wouldn't even let me in to hell!XD just kidding.This was an easy win.This guy really need to read up on his two-letter word list because that is his Achilles Heel.Could this be a start of a winning streak?
W:4 Draw:0 L:4/Spread:215/Cum.Spread:-192

Game 9:
It isnt' my winning streak after all.Now this is a female opponent marathon..This is the 1st of the 3 girls I'm gonna play with and..2 of them are from SGGS.lol...Although they are u-15 but my o my...they are really that good.SGGS are quite good in scrabble overall..I meet Looi Kay Yoke for this game and well...this is a game that is quite interesting as in challenges are frequent too..
W:4 Draw:0 L:5/Spread:-12/Cum Spread:-204

Game 10:
Again,a SGGS girl..Leong Yan Mei.This is girl is quite a jolly one..but I still lose...I HOPE I WON'T PLAY WITH A SGGS GIRL AGAIN!!!Never!!!But nevertheless it was a good game though..
W:4 D:0 L:6/Spread:-44/Cum Spread:-248

Game 11:
Last and final game...I play with this girl(Charis Koo)who happens to be friends with the other 2 SGGS girl.Oddly enough,4 of us play in the same table in this 3 games..lol..I am 99% sure I lost this game because of bad tiles..really...she placed a QATS on a triple word combo!!and from there I am screwed...

FINAL SCORE:
W:4 D:0 L:7/Cum Spread:-357

My goodness...am I that bad??Looks like I need to train up alot!!
During this 3 games I befriended those girls and well,it was fun talking with them.Sadly,I have to say goodbye to Qian Wen and Adele already...


(Me,Kabian,Jonathan,Chee Meng & Ethan)


(Adele & Qian Wen)


(Jon & Me)


(Group Photo!!)

I hope that photo will not be last one we take together....time we had in KL was really short...too short..hope I can go to KL for the competition next year.(Hopefully they can come too..)Nevertheless it was fun and I'm sure they had fun too!

Oh yeah,remember the Top Gear Magazine & Man.Utd shirt I bought??This is it:


(The new Lamborghini Gallardo...isn't it sub-zero??)


(My new shirt..I really like the design..and the price!)

IT'S NOT THE END YET!!

No comments: