Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blogging Tips

I received an email from my mum which contains an useful link from those who aspire to be bloggers or have already blogged since they learn how to type.Unsurprisingly, I'm one of the latter and being the curious lot, I checked out the link.

Turns out, my bandwidth did not go to waste. In this particular link, the author says that blogs are not essential to everyone. I repeat: IT's NOT ESSENTIAL TO EVRYONE. It really gave me a clearer picture on this blogging trend as I see too many people starting one and yet stop posting for about a couple of weeks. Just as what an old chinese adage:εŠι€”θ€ŒεΊŸ (literally meaning that you progress halfway before wasting all the effort).

This is because not everyone wants to reveal what are they doing their whole life. They also won't enjoy Twitter or even Plurk. So what the author is trying to say is : If you have something to say to the internet community, then blog; If not, forget about it

But some of the tips are a bit way too much for me to handle. 3 posts per day? I admit I don't have the capacity to brain storm effectively, let alone 3 blog post per day. My aim for now is to blog at least twice 2 day. Maybe more depending on my time, my mood and whether my mum decided that I should earn a living by blogging.

Besides that, I'm not really a photo blogger, so the link for cropping photos in one go is maybe not that necessary for me yet. Perhaps in the future? Maybe. So I better save the link.

"Draft ideas as they happen." Now that is something I would like to point out. I agree that the best ideas or inspiration doesn't necessarily comes when facing the desktop(or your laptop for that matter). Ideas can come from everywhere, from Proms to Short stories(e.g. the Pearl) or even cockroaches. Yeah, it's true. My friend wrote about it and my oh my it gave me some chuckles.

Well, you can visit the link at the intro to learn more about this blogging tips. And now, I'm gonna cancel my nuffnag from my blog cause:

1) I don't need to increase my traffic and destroy the purpose I blog.
2) I doubt I can earn money from nuffnag for poor traffic
3) Screw nuffnag.

Happy Holidays.


No comments: