Thursday, August 7, 2008

YAY!!!!!

Today is the day...the day of judgement...if you were a pessimists then that would be what you would have said.But since I'm more on the optimistic side...it's actually the Dato' Seri Dr. Hilmi Yahya Challenge Trophy Scrabble Competition.

I,Kabian,Jonathan and Lye Aun represented our school and we head of to the venue which is ICT(Island College of Technology) in Balik Pulau.When we reached there,we met many of our friends(most of them from the CF camp last May).Some of them include Benedict,Scott and Gladys.I also met some of the PCGHS scrabble friends like Sher Lynn and Hsieh Zhen.I also catch up with CGL friends like Sophia & Xin Fang.

Anyway we had out breakfast 1st before the briefing.Essentially the competition is any typical scrabble competition.So after that we head off for our games.


GAME 1:

I met this girl from SMKAI by the name of Lim Tsiu Fhang.Before the game I chatted with her a little bit..nothing much,just some casual talking.

The Game was like any other games I played.I had some advantage..use my 2-3 letter word memory to good use and win,although by a pretty small margin.

W:1 D:0 L:0 /My Score:335 Oppo Score:268/Spread:68/Cum.Spread:68

Game 2

THIS IS THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAY IN MY WHOLE ****ING LIFE!!!
Want to know why?
Easy...I got pretty good tiles....she always opens up generously for me...she got time penaly....AND I GOT 2 BINGO!!!!
FUELERS and STOKING!!!!And my total score was 570!!

W:2 D:0 L:0/My Score:570 Oppo Score:104/Spread:466 Cum Spread:534

Game 3

Right now...I'm so far 1st!!!But I'm gonna play against Aw Yi Lyn,who is the head in scrabble in her school CGL.It has quite a tough match,a good game.She hentam me with a bingo though...NUGGETS...took some beatings but managed to catch up.However she got the upper- hand and I lost the game...with dignity...

W:2 D:0 L:1/My Score:299 Oppo Score:371/Spread:-72 Cum. Spread:462

Game 4

The previous game really motivated me now...I'm pretty much fueled up to get to the highest as I could.I was competing against Gladys Ho,who by the way went to the CF camp too.We chit chat a bit and I found out she was taking SPM this year.

During her 2nd turn...she hentam a bingo for me...REGAINS.The gap was 70 points long,I took a steady streak and manage to catch her up easily!!She open up quite a few precious one and I took it all the way from there!

W:3 D:0 L:1/Score:352 Oppo:Score 236/Spread:116 Cum Spread:578

Game 5

Oh My goodness...I'm competing against Donovan??That's a surprise.He used to be in SMK Hamid Khan until he went to MBS for his Form 6.From what I heard he was quite good.

For his game,I took on a serious game....I really need to beat this guy!!I want to get as high as possible...and I did it!I dominated the game right from the very,very beginning and I place a bingo too!FOOTERS,it scored 65 points.Oh man was I bloody happy,I gave him one hell of a ride and went on to beat him nicely.The game was my 390 against his 268 with a spread of 122.


Final Score:
3rd

W:4D:0 L:1/Spread:700

Wohoo!!This competition was really a fantastic one.I thank everyone who helped me directly or indirectly and importantly to God as he grant me the will to go one even after relatively mediocre results in previous competitions.

By the way...all of us were in the TOP 10!!Wohoo!!I was 3rd,Ang Lye Aun was 4th,Leng Kabian was 5th and Jonathan was 7th.Hsieh Zhen was the champion as she won all her games and by a pretty good spread margin..400+ i think.Sher Lynn was 6th after Leng Kabian.

Saturday all of us were required to be present for the prize giving ceremony.According to the organizers the Dato' himself would be there to give out the prize.I would really look forward to that day to see who is this guy so powerful until a competition named after him.




No comments: