Friday, August 22, 2008

KEM ANUGERAH KEMAHIRAN PENGAKAP



I just came back from the camp that was held from 20-21 August 2008.This was my turn to be the camp chairman for the year and man it was a fullfilling experience not only to me but to the whole committee and the participants.The camo was held annually to test the scouts knowledge and we tested them by theory and practical.If they pass all the requirements they are awarded a green scarf(for junior scouts) and red scarf(venture scouts).

This is the camp commitee list:

Camp Chairman:
Aaron Cheong

V.Camp Chairman:
Adrian Hong

Secretary:
Ooi Saik Ian

Treasurer:
Goh Liang Fu

Quartermaster:
Jasa Richie

Main Tester:
Edvin Saw

Pre-Camp(19 August):

Today the committee will come to the camp site first to prepare everything we need to ensure a smooth running of the camp.First of all,we make sure everything we need like 1st aid box and "tongkat"(for test) and scoreboard are taken down from the troop room.

At night it was the do-or-die mission,3rd AGM.To make it sweet and simple,everything went kinda well and 4 of the troop committee,Ooi Saik Ian,Edvin Saw,Me and Jasa Richie are officially the commitee of the troop.


1st Day(20 August):

Today is the 1st day of camp and I am in charge of coordinating the camp.Everything went ok although there's some hiccups here and there...however one incident nearly make the whole program went chaos.

During our backwood's man program,a heavy rain poured down and almost everybody's fire went off and are forced to find shelther in the canteen.In the end we asked them to cook their backwood's man stuff and man the canteen was freaking dirty!!We took 30 minutes just to clean up that part of the canteen!!

After that it was my "Peta Topo & Arah mata Angin" theory test.It is basically testing the scouts on their knowledge on using the map and coordinates.However,many people were struggling to do the test as it is quite hard.Even my scout master said my paper was a little bit too hard for the junior scouts to swallow.

Later that day we gave some theory and practical test.I dropped by Edvin Saw's base which is CPR. ;)

We basically ask them how do they react and their procedure when they saw a person unconcious somewhere near a roadside.

The twin brothers at their best ;)

Late at night, we quickly prepare for tomorrow's program and mark the papers that the scouts has done.Edvin Saw,Adrian Hong,Liang Fu and me also took our "red scarf" test since we did not came for the camp last year.The papers were quite tough but nevertheless I finished first...and then I went to sleep for....56 minutes because of....

Day 2(21 August):

Yes,after that 40 winks I got it was day 2 already...Today I leave the camp chariman task to Adrian Hong.I was the MC of the day as it was the last day of camp.During our first program,I and Liang Fu were in charge of "Kawad tongkat" and man we were "steaming"!We nearly close our eyes and had a hard time keeping our eyes open.

At 8.oo Am,I called on the scouts for the day's assembly.I did everything nearly well except for the horseshoe as it wasn't perfectly formed and we forgot to check the scouts fingernails!!

Anyway,it was time for the Compass test and well..I had my hands full by guiding nearly everyone as they had problems doing the compass..I nearly blew up because they complained that the route I set was wrong but when I followed them,they were able to find the way.....=.='...



(This is me...killing time..)

When they were doing they're Modern-Cooking I took the time by preparing my "rambu" as promotion of being the troop's ATL Secretary.I managed to complete it in time. :D
After that I continued marking the papers...

Around 3 pm,it was "cabaran".This test is basically like a exercise drill and I was in charge of tree climbing since it was easy ;)
Everyone went to my base and almost everyone did well..I think...nothing much to say about that..

After 2 hours had passed...the whistle blewed..and every scouts quickly rush to the canteen for the closing ceremony.I was the MC and was preparing for the closing ceremony..however not everyone is prepared so I kill time by doing a survey.I asked what do the scouts feel about the camp and what test do they think was the hardest and easiet to do.

Then we proceeded with the closing ceremony.But first,we announce that the red scaft and green scarf can't be handed to the scouts that earned it cause we need to tabulate the results first and morever...they need to redo their backwood's man.
Lencana UsahaLencana Maju
First it was the Lencana Usaha & Maju award,quite a handful of them were able to get these badges and it has been ages since anyone get to war the badges.

After that was the commitee's turn,the total number of badges we can wear is 5 and only 2 of us were able to do so.
Lencana Jaya DiriLencana KemahiranLencana KegiatanLencana Jaya DiriLencana Kegiatan

Ooi Saik Ian(5):
Jaya Diri,Kemahiran,Kegiatan,Ekspedisi,Perkhidmatan
(Received yellow Cord/rambu)

Adrian Hong(5):
Jaya Diri,Kemahiran,Ekspedisi,Perkhidmatan
(Recieved yellow cord/rambu)

Edvin Saw(4):
Jaya Diri,Kemahiran,Kegiatan,Perkhidmatan

Jasa Richie(4):
Jaya Diri,Kemahiran,Kegiatan,Perkhidmatan

Aaron Cheong(3):
Jaya Diri,Kegiatan,Perkhidmatan

Goh Liang Fu(2):
Kegiatan,Perkhidmatan


And then it was the the promotion of the PL & PS.Nothing much really except that Aaron Wee was shocked that he did not get his PL badge.The reason is that he never went for TCI and he did no perform well as a PL.


And then it is our turn...again.All of us get our promotion except Goh Liang Fu.Adrian Hong will be the temporary treasurer and if Adrian Hong succeeds then he will the the ATL treasurer.If not then Goh Liang Fu would be.BTW,Mr.Khoo Boo Leong,the person who was in charge of handing all the awards announce that someone in the committee has successfully passed the red scarf and he will show it by wearing it during the rank ceremony.It turn out to be me!! I was kinda shocked but very happy

Troop Leader:
Ooi Saik Ian

ATL Tester&Duty Master:
Edvin Saw

ATL Secretary:
Aaron Cheong

ATL Quartermaster:
Jasa Richie

After that was the end of the camp.The committee stayed back to clean up the campsite...after that I,Saik Ian and Edvin waited for our parents to fecth us home.We chit-chat a little bit until then.

This is all the adwards I recieved!!



(Left:Jaya Diri,Right:Kegiatan,Below:Perkhidmatan)


(Red Scarf)


(My ATL Badge and Rambu/Cord)

The End!

No comments: