Friday, June 12, 2009

It was only a Dream

Wrote this poem during exam.I finished Sivik paper early by 1 hour.So, I used that free time to pen this poem.Do comment on any mistakes,I'll be glad to get some advice also. :)

It was only a Dream...

It was only a dream,
of you leaning next to me;
Talking about the moments we had,
staring upon the fireplace.

How great that fire was!
With such warmth and tender,
no tundra for us to wept forever,
If only it was a reality.

It was only a dream,
that picture we took together,
and that complexion of yours,
white as show and full of joy,
but ever so shy,
tempting the hardest of steel,
to melt away in compassion.

It was only a dream,
of that rainy day I remembered,
so chilly yet so warm,
something an eternity will I not find,
until the answer was resting by my shoulder,
and what a moment was that I ponder.

How great that moment it had to be,
until I finally realized,
it probably was never meant to be;
Because it was only a dream,
but one I will always cherish,
till the last of my breath.

No comments: