Friday, March 12, 2010

Edu fair > Fasting > SPM results

I went for the education fair in PISA last saturday and sunday. The main reason I gone there is partly because my parents insist on going, and I'm also quite curious about what may colleges have to offer.

So, to make the story short, it opened my mind. After that, I told my mum that I wanted to fast and pray for 3 days starting from Tuesday and to Thursday.This was the first time I did such a thing and so I only had a solid-food fast. I get to have water, and only water.

Well, it was an enriching experience for me. Some religion made it tradition to fast for a certain number of days on a certain month.(Think Hari Raya for example). But I believe many people do not know the significance of fasting(Malay Term= Berpuasa). Basically we keep the body symbolically empty and cleanse our body so that we can worship God without any foreign substances. For me, it also shows how one can go great lengths to pray and ask for anything to God.

Ironically, not eating to fill my stomach made me feel at peace with God. It felt that God is the only thing that matters to me during that 3 days, although I do go out and live a life, I felt no distraction or feel gloomy. It was wonderful.

And then the SPM results came, I got 7A's(A+,A,A-) and well, I reallly hoped for 8A's at least but, I have to thank God for my results, and although on that day I was REALLY dissapointed cause many of my friends got really good results(think 9-15A's), I now really feel okay about it. Gid also reminded me that many of my friends too did quite disappointing in their own view so that's why God reminded me that "Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands." (Deut 8:2)

Of course my family never went through the 40 years of exile, but I believe it applies to everyone who has suffered difficulties of varying degrees and that God has kept his promised to protect us. Now is up to us to remember what he has done for us. And right now, I have to keep his commands to thank the Lord for whatever he has given to me, even the 7A's I get. The Lord has tested me, and I have to admit it was difficult on the 1st day...but today....I'm glad for the 7A's.

Thank You Jesus. =)

No comments: